Awesome menu plans and great recipe ideas for your next get together...more
10 disaster-free dinner party ideas
Hosting a dinner party is loads of fun, but planning and carrying off a successful evening can be a little stressful. Those feelings of stress can rock your ‘hostess with the most-ess’ confidence, and sometimes lead to chaos in the kitchen …
… But relax! With our disaster-free dinner party menu plans, you’ll be able to enjoy your night, knowing your guests are well-fed and enjoying your hospitality in style – a little forward planning is all it takes. We’ve got meal ideas to suit both casual dinner parties, as well as more formal occasions.
Each includes an entree, main and dessert for instant inspiration!
Indian banquetIt’s easy to re-create the smells and flavours of your local Indian restaurant.
- Entrée – Samosas
- Main – Butter chicken with fragrant yellow rice
- Dessert/sweet drink – Indian mango lassi
Gourmet Italian feastYou can top the pizza bases before the guests arrive, then just pop them in the oven, slice and serve.
- Entrée – Pizza twists
- Main – Prosciutto gourmet pizza with rocket and parmesan salad
- Dessert – Lemon gelato
Restaurant-inspired mealThe kind of food that really impresses, without being too tricky to prepare.
- Entrée – Pumpkin, spinach, feta and pinenut risotto
- Main – Twice-cooked pork belly with green beans
- Dessert – Clove panna cotta with fresh figs
Retro cuisineA fun concept where you serve up tasty dishes that were a hit in decades gone by!
- Entrée – Prawn and avocado cocktail
- Main – Beef stroganoff with mash
- Dessert – Mango mousse
Seafood barbequeBarbequed food has such a delicious flavour and is fuss-free to cook.
- Entrée – Chilli ginger prawns
- Main – Barbequed whole fish with barbequed zucchini
- Dessert – Watermelon sherbet
Roast with a twistWho can resist a comforting home-cooked lamb roast with all the trimmings?
- Entrée – Creamy cauliflower soup
- Main – Lebanese leg of lamb with roasted vegetables
- Dessert – Crunchy rhubarb custard
Mexican fiestaMexican food is tasty and popular, but simple to make for a dinner party.
- Entrée – Guacamole with pita crisps
- Main – Chilli beef tortillas
- Dessert – Mexican hot chocolate
Pasta indulgencePasta is a cost-effective way to feed the masses, especially hungry husbands!
- Entrée/side – Home-style garlic bread
- Main – Smoked salmon penne
- Dessert – Peppermint chocolate cheesecake
One-pot wondersServe straight from oven to table for a rustic touch that will impress your guests.
- Entrée/side – Cheese French bread
- Main – Slow cooker Moroccan lamb shanks with potato bake
- Dessert/sweet drink – Chocolate self-saucing pudding
- Entrée – Stuffed capsicums
- Main – Mushroom and leek quiche with roast pumpkin salad
- Dessert – Caramel pear cake
Now that you’re ready to host a disaster-free dinner party, you can also approach your period feeling stress-free thanks to CAREFREE FLEXIA tampons – with their SOFTFOLDS flexible wings, you get superior protection against leakage. Phew!
50 MyInvites Mates members just trialed CAREFREE FLEXIA tampons. Check out their feedback on our reviews page.
Top 10 gift wrapping ideas
If you’re looking for something a little more interesting than traditional gift wrapping paper to wrap your gifts, here’s a list of 10 fantastic gift wrapping ideas that will really make your presents stand out. Enjoy!
Top 10 invitation designs of 2011
Thousands of events have been planned this year using myinvites.com.au – baby showers, hen’s parties, engagements and weddings, birthday and children’s parties! Here are the most popular invite designs of 2011…