You’ve sorted the engagement present, have some reasonable ideas for the wedding present but your ideas bank has dried up when it comes to the Kitchen Tea… never fear! Based on one of our most popular articles originally published in 2010, here are 10 awesome and highly practical ideas for fab kitchen tea presents that won’t break the bank (always handy).
1. A picnic basket – Perfect for the loved up couple! With a bit of hunting around your local homewares stores, you’ll find one that’s stocked with plates, plastic wine glasses, cutlery, bottle opener and perhaps condiment containers or a chopping board.
2. Outdoor entertaining gear – The bride probably already has an everyday china dinner set, so an additional set of stylish melamine crockery that can be used for casual outdoor dining on the verandah will be well received. You can go luxe or ultra budget with this option.
3. Soft furnishings – Think items like cushions and throw rugs. Suss out her tastes before you make your purchases – ask her whether she’s into vintage style, bold brights or soft neutrals.
4. A cute or sexy apron – This is probably something that she wouldn’t splurge on herself, so why not treat her to a fun and flirty apron?
5. Placemats or a table cloth – Even if the bride has some in her drawer already, it’s nice to have a variety of styles to suit her entertaining occasion, whether it’s colourful board placemats for a weekend lunch or a beautiful linen tablecloth for a formal dinner party.
6. Gardening pack – Does your bride to be have a green thumb? Would you like her to? Do your bit for the environment and pull together a collection of handy garden tools – throw in some vegetable seeds (splurge on some cute plant markers) and wrap it all together with a seasonal plant in a pot.
7. Traditional kitchen gear – An inexpensive yet highly practical idea is to fill a utensil holder with half a dozen cooking essentials such as a potato masher, wooden spoon, tongs, egg flip, whisk and salad servers. Wrap them all up in a designer tea towel.
8. Gourmet produce – Foodie brides will love a selection of gourmet goodies to set up her pantry. Think fancy olive oils, dressings, jams, bottled olives, or mustards. Package them up in a DIY gift basket.
9. An outdoor rug – These are so useful for tossing in the back of the car. Great for impromptu fish and chips outings by the beach or for snuggling at the outdoor cinema on a cool night!
10. Your favourite cook book – A good cook book will be around for years and with a personalised message inside the front cover from you and little post it notes highlighting your favourite recipes… the bride and groom to be will no doubt be grateful for the inspiration!
Are you a bride-to-be or a bridesmaid planning a Kitchen Tea? Then you must see our range of gorgeous kitchen tea e-invites. So stylish and so simple to send!