Ideas for entertaining with style and ease. Party and get together ideas for the hostess with the mostess...more
Host a teddy bears' picnic!
It's Bandaged Bear Day in NSW and the ACT this Friday 26 March, so be sure to support the cause by buying a cute bear, notepad, pen or hacky sack. You can also make your contribution to The Children's Hospital at Westmead by hosting a fundraising party during March - how about having your own teddy bears picnic?
Here's a few ideas to get your teddy bears' picnic organised - your little ones will love helping:
- Select one of our super-cute teddy invites. It'll get everyone excited about bringing their favourite bear along to your picnic!
- Start gathering teddy bear-themed decorations - napkins, paper plates and cups, teddy cookie cutters, teddy-bear stickers and temporary tattoos for little guests.
- Set up a whole lot of picnic rugs in the backyard or park so there is plenty of room for the small guests and their teddy bears.
- Gather a stack of teddies and sit them up on the picnic rugs to welcome your guests. Your little ones will love dressing them up for the occasion!
- Serve morning or afternoon tea morsels that can be eaten easily on the rugs - finger sandwiches, teddy-shaped cookies, mini-cupcakes, or try this menu plan for inspiration.
- Award small prizes for 'best-dressed bear', 'cutest bear', 'most unique bear' etc - ensure there is a prize for each bear to keep the little ones happy.
- Play kids' music to suit the occasion - like the classic teddy bears picnic song!
Top 10 gift wrapping ideas
If you’re looking for something a little more interesting than traditional gift wrapping paper to wrap your gifts, here’s a list of 10 fantastic gift wrapping ideas that will really make your presents stand out. Enjoy!
Top 10 invitation designs of 2011
Thousands of events have been planned this year using myinvites.com.au – baby showers, hen’s parties, engagements and weddings, birthday and children’s parties! Here are the most popular invite designs of 2011…