Browse our range of fabulous online party invitations.
Hosting Christmas Day at your place? Having your nearest and dearest around can bring much joy and unfortunately a few headaches. With busy schedules and other priorities it’s easy to end up in a flap just before the big day. Follow our simple guide below and you’ll remain as cool as Mrs C herself!
- Plan your menu at least 3-4 weeks before. There are some great sites that offer ideas. Our faves are: Best Recipes and Taste
- If you’re going all out on the main, keep dessert and entrees simple, or delegate a course to someone else!
- Buy your turkey or ham at the start of December (or order it to save the panic later). Tips on storing your ham are here.
- Stock up on drinks (wine, soft drinks, long life juices) and nibbles – shop online or visit the supermarket during off peak hours and avoid the craziness of just-before Christmas shopping.
- You only need to get your fresh ingredients the week before so pack the pantry and freezer with everything else you need at the start of Dec.
- Check that your roasting pans will fit your meats/veggies
- Sort out your decorations early. Keep it simple and stylish with a few beautiful candles and fabric napkins. We love the ideas on the All About You UK site.
- Send an invite to your guests to get them into the Christmas spirit. We’ve got a gorgeous Christmas range to choose from!
- To avoid awkward moments, buy a few extra gender neutral gifts to keep at home just in case unexpected guests turn up!