Browse our range of fabulous online party invitations.
We've been on the hunt for the perfect banana bread recipe for some time and we think we've got it! Ideal for brunch with the girls, or even as a warm winter dessert. This recipe has come all the way from Botswana.
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 cup castor sugar
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bi carb
- 6 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons plain yoghurt (the Harris Farm 97% fat free or similar is the best - not Greek style)
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add eggs and mashed bananas
- Sift all dry ingredients and add to the butter mixture, add yoghurt and mix well
- Pour into a well greased bar tin
- We baked the cake for almost an hour - 20 mins on 180, then turned it down a little and cooked for another 35-40. Keep checking it with a skewer.
To invite the girls round for brunch, check out our brunch invite range.