Birthdays: Recipes & Menu Plans
Recipe ideas and menu plans for birthdays, dinner parties and other occasions
Browse our range of fabulous online party invitations.
Don’t stress – here is a selection of dishes that are suitable to serve to all types of guests, from small fry to the in-laws, or even your partner’s boss! Check out these kid-friendly, sophisticated and casual meal plans.
Kid-friendlyIf the children have friends over for a sleepover this Saturday night, try this ‘special occasion food’ menu to give them a thrill! (Make up for it on Sunday with a healthy eating day.)
- Tasty wedges – share a bowl of these home-made potato snacks with sour cream and sweet chill sauce (if they like the taste).
- Porcupine meatballs – toss with spaghetti or novelty-shaped pasta for fun.
- Crepes – serve with Nutella, cookies ‘n’ cream ice-cream, or maple syrup.
SophisticatedDo you feel a dinner party coming on? Why not go all out and make it a menu to really wow your guests? Perfect for having the in-laws over or impressing your partner’s boss – just make sure you factor in plenty of prep time.
CasualMaybe you’ve got the neighbours or extended family coming over this weekend for a bite. Here’s a menu plan to fill their tummies on a cool evening at your place.
- Vegetarian nachos – with filling refried beans and tasty cheese, this is always a winner to pass around before dinner.
- Chicken chasseur – a classic dish you can serve in the pot at the table so everyone can help themselves. Serve with creamy mash and green beans.
- White chocolate mousse – have these ready in the fridge to whip out after the main course. Easy!